My Media consumption

Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
I read The Sun, Daily mail and The Guardian. 
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
I turn over to the entertainment section first because I like to read about the latest celeb gossip. I like to know what goes on in their lives as I follow them on social media and the entertainment section just gives me more of an insight into their lives.
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
I never read the sports section because I am not interested in it. 
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
I like to read stories that are quite moving but also stories that can teach me something.
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
I buy newspapers sometimes because I usually just borrow from someone who already has it.
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
Yes, I look at Daily mail online because it's easier for me to look at and I don't look at others because I usually just look at Daily Mail. 
Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why
I don't buy magazines because I can just read the news online.
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
I don't buy magazines but if I did I would look at the make up and celeb gossip section because it is intriguing. 

Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
I spend about 6-10 hours in a week.
  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
After I get back from school or during and after dinner. 
  • What programmes do you like best and why?
I prefer shows like Teen Wolf, Pretty little liars and The Vampire Diaries because they are quite thrilling and exciting.
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
I watch these shows by myself but if I am watching with someone I choose what to watch.
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
I watch both live and on-demand, I used the laptop, phone and tablet to watch TV on.

Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio?
No, I don't listen to the radio.
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to the radio?
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to the radio?
  • Where do you listen to the radio?
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening to the radio?
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio? If so, when do they listen?
My grandma likes to listen to the radio during the morning. 

Cinema
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
I haven't been to the cinema in the last month.
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
I have watched many films and shows on other places like Netflix. Recently, I've watched 'Mirrors' on Netflix.
  • Who else watched the films with you?
I watched this film with my friends from NCS (national citizen service).
  • Who decided what films to watch?
We all decided to watch a horror film together. 
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
I use my phone, laptop and TV to watch films.

Online
  • How often do you access the internet?
I access the internet very very often.
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
I access the internet at home and school. 
  • What are the main sites that you access?
I access the school website the most to check my emails.
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
The main reasons include: email teachers and friends for work; to buy things such as clothes and for information retrieval.
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
I watch videos on Youtube and listen to music.
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
My phone is my primary device for accessing the internet.
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
I use Snapchat and Instagram the most because I can communicate with people easily.

Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
I could access the media through different sources that I don't normally use.
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
I think I would be looking at news from different sources and I would really think about the way the media has portrayed the news.
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
I will start to access more newspapers and magazines. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semiotics- Icon, Index and Symbol

Teen Vogue: Audience and Representation

OSP: Paul Gilroy - Diasporic identity