Magazine practical task planning

'Paper' magazine doesn't have a main flash, the only writing present on the cover is the magazine name, the celebrity name and one or two words in smaller print under the celebrities name that usually links/refers to the star in some way. For example, underneath RuPaul's name 'Pride' is written and for Kim Kardashian it's 'Break The Internet' because she is usually known for posting certain images on social media that causes quite a buzz amongst people.

For my magazine cover, I will have my friend model and will have her name written at the bottom. As my model is an 'artsy' and 'creative' person I will choose to have one word that represents her as a whole. 

Here are a list of words that I might use: 

- Creativity 
- Mastery 
- Virtuosity 
- Flair 
- Finesse  ( this is what I most likely will use )
- Artistry

My model will be wearing enough make up that would be noticeable to the viewers, her make up won't be too exaggerated but will stand out. She will be wearing simple every day clothing and we will have her model for us in the drama studio where we can experiment with the different coloured lighting. The multi-coloured lighting will help create a sense of creativity and art. The curtains will be drawn so that the colours are the only thing that help accentuate her features. Most of the shots would be a medium close up or close up but I feel like having a long shot or medium shot will work in adding that sense of creativity 'Paper' magazine usually has. 

Paper magazine have the season and location and year written, so for my magazine I will write London in the top left hand corner and on the right hand corner I will write Spring 2018.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semiotics- Icon, Index and Symbol

Teen Vogue: Audience and Representation

OSP: Paul Gilroy - Diasporic identity