Magazine Practical task evaluation

1)



2) Write an evaluation of your work: have you succeeded in your brief to create a new, original edition of an existing magazine?

I think I have succeeded in my brief to create a new, original edition of and existing 'PAPER' magazine cover because I have used a similar font that looks alike to the actual covers. I have included a colour scheme and introduced my model. I have also included the location, season, year and price which are all the conventions of 'PAPER' magazine.

3) Put your cover alongside a couple of genuine covers of your chosen magazine. How professional is your work alongside genuine examples?





I think my cover looks professional but maybe I should have added a faint clear light on to the models face in order to help accentuate her features. However, I have included all aspects that 'PAPER' magazine include and think that this adds to the professional aspect of my cover.


4) What is the strongest aspect of your work?

I think that my image is the strongest aspect because it is the main focus and instantly draws the attention of readers. My image is strong because my model is making direct eye contact with the camera and therefore can connect with the viewers. Also, my model has pink lighting on her that differentiates her from other magazine covers as well as the 'pose' she is in.
5) What is the weakest aspect of your Photoshop magazine cover? 


I do think that my image is weak because within the background other things can be seen e.g the curtain and natural lighting and chair.

6) What would you do differently if you completed this assignment again?


I think I would have used a plain backdrop in order to give it a professional touch to it and it would give my image a clean background.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semiotics- Icon, Index and Symbol

Teen Vogue: Audience and Representation

OSP: Paul Gilroy - Diasporic identity