Blog feedback and learner response

Feedback given by Sir:

WWW: This is generally a very good start to A Level Media – I enjoyed reading your blog and the opening blogposts are impressive. Your reception theory work is particularly good and it’s important that you’re reflecting on these questions and forming opinions on theories and media issues. To be doing this already is a very good sign!

EBI: There are two key areas that stand out for your progress going forward. Firstly, on your media consumption audit, you definitely need to be consuming a wider variety of media texts over the next two years (as you acknowledge in your reflection at the end of the audit). Read a paper regularly, watch a range of TV and try to listen to the radio or podcasts when you can. It really does make the difference between A*-B grades and below. Similarly, the depth and detail of your media analysis will need to be developed over time if you want to reach those top grades.

Secondly, you are missing the icon/index/symbol work – is it in drafts? On the wrong blog? You’re otherwise up to date so I’m assuming this is just an oversight. Please make sure it is posted urgently.

LR: Update your blog to make sure the missing work is posted. Then, reflect on your work in A Level Media so far. What is your strongest piece of work? What is your weakest? How can you add depth and detail to your work? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?


My Response:


What is your strongest piece of work? 

I think my reception theory is the strongest piece of work because I showed a lot of understanding and provided a good analysis for the work. I had given an analysis in great detail exploring more than one idea and supporting it with references from the sources.

What is your weakest? 


I feel like my textual analysis work was not up to high standards and it wasn't in great detail. I could have added more analysis and spoke about more ideas.

How can you add depth and detail to your work? 


I could add more depth and detail in my work by looking at a source from more than one point of view and being open to include several different ideas. Also, making sure I always refer back to sources so the reader knows where I have got the information from.

What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?


I will need to develop my textual analysis skills and trying to make my work more sophisticated. I will also need to be consuming a variety of media texts over the rest of the course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semiotics- Icon, Index and Symbol

Teen Vogue: Audience and Representation

OSP: Paul Gilroy - Diasporic identity